What You'll Need:
- 1 package of extra-firm tofu, drained and pressed, cut into 1 inch cubes
- Veggies of your choice, cut into approximately 1 inch pieces. I used red peppers, grape tomatoes, onion, and mushrooms
- Dressing or marinade of your choice
- Skewers (I prefer metal)
What You'll Do:
- After preparing tofu and cutting vegetables up, place them in a large bowl or container and toss with dressing or marinade. Allow to chill in refrigerator for 30-60 minutes.
- Prepare grill to medium-hot. This eHow article gives basic instructions for preparing a charcoal grill. Just ignore the photo of hunks of meat. ;) I'm not familiar with propane grilling, so if you have a propane grill, you're on your own!
- Assemble kabobs on skewers, alternating veggies and tofu.
- If you're like me and lazy about cleaning your grill grate, you may want to lay down tinfoil before grilling.
- Grill kabobs for 10-15 minutes, turning frequently and brushing with additional marinade or olive oil as necessary.
- Allow to cool slightly before serving. You can serve on skewers as the main dish if you like, but my preference is to remove the tofu and veggies from the skewers and serve as the perfect complement to veggie burgers and grilled pineapple.