since I'm guessing I'm not the only one swimming in hard boiled eggs today, I'm putting that one off another week and bringing you my egg salad recipe, instead. This recipe takes about 15 minutes to prepare (plus an hour of chilling time), and yields 3-4 servings.
What You'll Need:
- 6 Hard boiled eggs (dye optional), peeled and chopped
- 1-2 Celery stalks, finely chopped
- 2 tsp finely chopped red onion
- 1/4 Cup Vegenaise (or mayonnaise or Miracle Whip, if you prefer)
- Fresh squeezed juice of half a lemon
- Salt (I use garlic salt) and pepper to taste
What You'll Do:
- Gently toss the eggs, celery, and onion together in a medium size bowl.
- In a smaller bowl, combine vegenaise, lemon juice, onion, salt, and pepper.
- Gently fold vegenaise mixture into egg mixture.
- Cover bowl and place in refrigerator for about an hour to chill before serving.
- Serve over a bed of greens, on a sandwich, or our personal favorite, in a pita pocket with baby spring greens.