When the chilly fall weather starts coming around, I love baking things like lasagna to warm up the kitchen and fill up the belly with hearty goodness. This lasagna features spinach, silken tofu, and plenty of cheese. It was such a big hit, my husband had three pieces! Thankfully there is still plenty left over, as I've always thought lasagna tastes even better the next day. This recipe makes about 12 servings (unless you, too eat 3 pieces in one sitting!). It takes about 30 minutes to prepare plus 50 minutes of baking time.
What You'll Need:
- 1 Package Lasagna Noodles
- 1 Jar Pasta Sauce (or equivalent of home made sauce)
- About 6 Cups fresh spinach
- 1 12-oz package of extra firm silken tofu
- 1 Tbsp each Apple Cider Vinegar & Honey
- 2 cups each of shredded Mozzarella and Parmesan Cheeses
- 2 Eggs
- Italian Seasoning or Bragg Sprinkle, garlic powder, salt and pepper
What You'll Do:
- Cook lasagna noodles according to package instructions
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- While lasagna noodles are cooking: in a medium bowl, mash tofu with a fork. Add vinegar and honey and mix well. Add two eggs, mix well. Add garlic powder, salt, and pepper to taste, then mix in one cup each of Parmesan and Mozzarella cheeses.
- Prepare a 13X9 pan by spreading just enough sauce to cover the bottom.
- Drain and rinse lasagna noodles then lay on wax paper to avoid sticking.
- In the prepared pan, layer as follows: noodles, sauce, 1/3 tofu/cheese mixture, 2 cups spinach, repeat 2 times. End with a layer of noodles, then spread remaining sauce on top. Top with remaining Mozzarella and Parmesan cheeses, then sprinkle generously with Italian Seasoning or Bragg Sprinkle.
- Cover with foil and bake for 50 minutes.
- Allow to cool slightly before serving.