While I don't follow the 21 Day Fix nutrition plan to the letter, this is a Fix-Friendly meal. If you include 1.5 eggs on the side (hard boiled, scrambled, whatever tickles your fancy!) you'll end up with one red container, one yellow container, one purple container, and 2-3 of your "teaspoons". Without eggs on the side, you'll only have about 1/4 of a red container and a less filling meal, so eat up! You could substitute another protein like cottage cheese, vegetarian (or not) sausage, etc.
Here's what you'll need per serving:
1 tsp coconut oil
1 Slice of your choice of bread (this equals a yellow Fix container)
1 Purple Container (If you don't know or care what the fix containers are, 1 1/4 cups) mixed fresh berries (rinsed). I used blueberries, raspberries, blackberries, and strawberries.
1-2 tsp 100% Maple Syrup
Here's what you'll do:
- Heat the coconut oil in a pan over Medium Heat
- Whisk the egg(s) (depending on how many servings you're making) in a container big enough to fit your bread.
- When the pan is heated and coconut oil melted, coat each side of bread in egg and toss it in the pan
- After 2-3 minutes, check to see if the bottom is golden brown. When it is, flip it and cook until the other side is golden brown.
- Place french toast on plate, dump berry mountain on top, and drizzle with 1-2 tsp maple syrup
- NOM NOM NOM
What's your favorite way to make french toast?